JCSC TRANSITION PROGRAMME
From September 2023:
From September 2025, We plan to offer all of the above plus:
- Catering and Hospitality
- Health and Beauty
- Engineering and Manufacturing
ENGLISH AND MATHS
Students who did not achieve English and/or maths GCSE grade 4 at Key Stage 4 are required to continue studying as per the condition of funding. Pearson offer:
- GCSE English and maths
- Entry, L1 and L2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Entry, L1 and L2 English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Core Maths for students who have passed
Work preparation and employability skills
To develop the skills, behaviours, attitude, and confidence that will be needed for students to complete the T Level Industry Placement. This should include high quality work experience, and work preparation and employability skills development. Pearson offer:
- Entry, L1 and L2 BTEC WorkSkills suite
- Entry and L1 Essential Digital Skills
Pastoral support and personal development
This should complement the other components and be tailored to your student’s individual needs. You must dedicate sufficient time, with regular reviews of progress, to ensure barriers are not preventing progress in the other components.
Pastoral and development support should help your students address barriers to learning and support emotional and/or mental health difficulties. This could include:
- activities to develop confidence and resilience
- group work to develop communications skills
- tutorials and seminars (including careers education)
- life skills, such as: the ability to travel independently, personal finance.
You will gain some work experience linked to the subject you are studying to enhance your skills and experience to support your progress into further T Level study.