1. Overall subject intent
The study of Psychology enables students to learn about the science of mind and behaviour. In an age of easy access to information, it is more important to discuss and consider what information can be considered as legitimate knowledge. For this reason, students are taught how to critically evaluate research, data and information.They are taught the underlying theories and approaches in Psychology and how to apply these concepts into research, conducting their very own pilot study. In addition it is our intention to discuss issues positively and with a developmental focus, examining the subject material from a stance of sensitivity and understanding. Such traits are necessary should students follow a career into health disciplines. Our study of Psychology shines a light on our own behaviour and the behaviour of others, it brings about empathy, tolerance and an appreciation of how interconnected and complex our lives as humans have become.
2. Are there annual events that take place within the subject or do you do something different that makes your subject stand out?.
Students design, create and review their own psychology pilot study at the end of year 12
3. Special in-school facilities (labs, library with librarian, instruments, design/tech equipment etc)
4. Any careers and stakeholder involvement in curriculum planning and delivery e.g. visits from authors, to universities, from industry, community projects (identify the year group if applicable)
Students to visit a local university to review Psychology route. Students review employment sector of Neuroanatomy/chemistry job roles.
5. Extracurricular activities linked to the subject offered both at lunchtime and after school, this could also include regular residential trips/field work.
6. Highlight any apps/ or resources that students will use Pearson BTEC National Applied Psychology
Book 1 and Book 2
Qualification Name: BTEC Level 3 Applied Psychology
Exam Board: Pearson
Exam and Coursework Information: Unit 1, 2,3,4
Contact Name: James Moore
Contact e-mail: email@example.com