You will be supported in school to learn revision techniques and we regularly hold revision information events for students, parents and carers. You may also find the following websites helpful when preparing for your exams.
Art – BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z6hs34j
DT – BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zvg4d2p
Food – BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zdn9jhv
Performing Arts – BBC Bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/z4bfscw
As we start to move towards exam season, Young Minds have launched advice for parents about supporting their children. Tips include:
- Encourage your child to take revision breaks and find a balance between studying and doing things they find enjoyable and relaxing.
- Make sure they are eating and drinking at regular intervals.
- Reassure them – reinforce that you are and will be proud of them no matter what happens.
- Remain positive and hopeful!
- Let them know their feelings are valid and normal, but also offer support and solutions where possible.
- Anxiety is often worst at night and this means it is useful to encourage good bedtime routine.