Last Updated: 16/10/2023
JAMES CALVERT SPENCE COLLEGE PUPIL PREMIUM STATEMENT
The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is a sum of money allocated to schools to work with pupils who are either in receipt of Free School Meals or who have been in receipt of Free School Meals in the past six years, known as “Ever 6”. This includes children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months and children of service personnel.
Additional information on the Pupil Premium can be found on the following website: http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/pupilsupport/premium/b0076063/pp
At James Calvert Spence College, we believe all of our children can achieve highly and fulfil their potential. We believe that the fully inclusive learning environment we provide allows students to develop personally, academically and emotionally.
- To improve the levels of attainment for disadvantaged students
- Ensure all students have access to extracurricular provision
- Aim to listen to students and parents and engage them regarding their attitude to learning
- Aim to further develop strong links with our feeder first schools
- Develop key teaching strategies used to accelerate learning
- Continue to develop high student expectations