This page is currently under construction
Register of Governor Interests
Governors must declare any relevant business interests as well as the details of any other educational establishments they govern. The register must also set out any relationships between governors and members of the school staff including spouses, partners and relatives. It is important to address any perception of a conflict of interest by making clear where such potential personal or pecuniary interests might apply; this might be a conflict between personal interests and the interests of the school or County Council when dealing with outside organisations or individuals.
Examples (potential conflicts):
• A governor whose spouse/partner is employed by the school – Should not take part in discussion regarding the school’s pay policy or any staffing matter that might impact on their partner. Both direct and indirect decisions might impact on the salary range of senior staff e.g. increasing pupil numbers (PAN) or the age range (first to primary).
• A governor on the management committee of a childcare provider or after school club who rent part of the school – Should not be party to discussion involving the use of the school or their charging policy.
• A governor who is a supplier of goods or services to the school – Should not take part in decisions regarding the letting of contracts for that type of goods or services or where a sub-contract relationship might exist.
Examples (other declarations):
• Being a governor on another school or academy
• Relationship to staff members
The register of governor interests must be reviewed and updated on an annual basis.
Associate governors must be included on the register and it should be clear where they have voting rights.
The school is required to maintain a similar register of staff interests that should also be reviewed annually – as specified in the NCC code of conduct. Staff had previously been included with the governor’s declarations but in light of the governing body register of interests being required to be published on the school web site, a separate register should be drawn up. Staff governors will need to be included on both registers.
Sue Currie Chair of governors
Register Of Governor/Staff Interests 2021 – 2022 James Calvert Spence College
Governing Body Attendance Register 2021 – 2022
Governing Body Attendance Register 2022 – 2023
If you are interested in becoming a School Governor at JCSC please use the contact button below.